1. To gain valuable skills to use in the pharmacy
PA2018 is one of the most popular conferences in Australia for pharmacy assistants to develop personally and professionally.
Spread over two days, this year’s educational program includes the following topics:
- An update on the state of the industry and current issues affecting pharmacy assistants
- How to better engage with your local community
- Companion selling
- Dealing with difficult customers
- The role of pharmacy assistants in professional services
2. To network with fellow PAs and industry suppliers
As well as the educational benefits, PA2018 provides the perfect opportunity to meet and network with other PAs from around the country. With over 400 pharmacy assistants in attendance, plus suppliers and stakeholders, attending this event is a fantastic way to make new contacts.
3. For QCPP Refresher Training
This year’s pre-conference workshop ‘Assisting customers with products for gastrointestinal conditions’ will allow you or your staff to meet their QCPP refresher training requirements.
The workshop will take the uncomfortable feeling out of assisting customers with ‘bums and tums’ complaints. Designed to get to the bottom (no pun intended!) of questioning techniques when discussing such sensitive topics, the workshop will be followed by an accredited assessment.
4. To receive a FREE APP2019 Registration for your pharmacy
Pharmacies who register two or more pharmacy assistants for this event will receive a free APP2019 registration valued at $940!
5. To experience one of Australia’s leading theme parks
We’re excited to announce that this year’s event will be held at Sea World Resort on the Gold Coast. Delegates will gain access to Sea World theme park for the following activities:
- Shark Bay Experience – join us for an exclusive tour of this award winning attraction before the theme park opens on Friday morning.
- Dolphin Discovery Presentation – enjoy a behind-the-scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session at Sea World’s Dolphin Cove on Saturday morning.
- Conference Dinner – held inside the theme park, delegates will get to try their hand at Sea World’s carnival games before moving onto the Paradise Room, which boasts stunning views of the Sea World ski lake.
To find out more about PA2018 or to register, visit http://pharmacyassistants.com/